Together, as a family in Christ, we open our hearts to establishing a gospel ministry in our community through the consistent presence of a home for our leaders and creating a legacy of god's love for the present and for generations to come.
North Hills Church recognizes the housing challenge in Southern California and has established
Pathway to Home, a Parsonage Project as a means of investing in our church’s future. The funds
raised by Pathway to Home will be used to purchase a home for the shepherds that lead
our community of faith. As an extension of our North Hills Church, the purchase and
benefit of this property are designed to appeal to the proposed pastor who may find it
difficult to continue their ministry with the ever-rising cost of living in Southern California.
Offering an affordable place to live is a necessary step enabling our pastors to feed God’s sheep.
- Purchase a single-family detached home of approximately 1700 sq. ft., 3-bed 2-bath in Claremont, Upland, La Verne, or North Pomona.
- The median purchase price for a home of this size, in these areas ranges from $693,000 to $836,400, with average rental rates of $3,100 to $3,600 per month.
- The home will be purchased with a 50% down payment and 50% financing over 20 years.
- Out-of-pocket costs for North Hills Church are estimated at $20K annually.
- The home will be offered to pastoral staff and their families at a subsidized rate.